IN THE NEXT 25 DAYS I NEED TO
and a little side note about the term "IRONMAN." a lot of friends have corrected themselves and called me an IRONWOMAN, but on this one point, i'm not so much the PC Police. there's no Ironwoman logo, no Ironwoman tattoo, no Ironwoman visor, no wetsuit, no sticker, nothin'. so when i cross that line, you can straight up call me an Ironman, cuz i sure as hell will have earned the title!!! ok, next list...
- become fluent in Portuguese
- FIND MY CAMERA!!!
- acquire my visa for entry to Brasil
- secure a bike case to rent
- get a yellow fever shot and purchase malaria pills to take with me
- STAY HEALTHY
- continue to train at peak intensity
- then a 3 week taper
- then become an IRONMAN
- then get THE TATTOO
- - 100. all the shit i've forgotten about but will remember on the 24th day...
THE BUCKET LIST
this is not so much a list of stuff i wanna do before i die, but rather a list of things i'd like to do but can't do because i'm training for an Ironman and can't risk getting hurt or miss training or be distracted...
- i'd like to join in on my old sunday pick up soccer game again
- surf again
- snowboard again
- go hear live music
- dinner night with my homies once a week for the rest of the year!!!
- i'd like to take up rowing
- redo my photography portfolio to focus on athlete stories
- be trained to be a guide for a blind triathlete for the C Different Foundation
- i think i just might be ready for a boyfriend again
- and lastly, I REALLY REALLY REALLY WANNA SEE IF I CAN HANG WITH THESE GUYS!!!!
CUZ IT AIN'T NO RACE. IT'S A HUSTLE...
oh, i'm sure there's more i'm forgetting right now. yes, i'm certain there's much much more, cuz i'm not kidding myself. Ironman isn't the answer. Ironman will not define me nor answer all of life's great mysteries. it isn't the end of the road. no, IT'S JUST THE BEGINNING...