MONICA
37 years old
freelance photographer
running coach
Sunny Southern Cali, US of A

NO AUTOGRAPHS, PLEASE.
JUST TAKE THE BUTTON...





CHI RUNNING
by Danny Dreyer

GOING LONG
by Joe Friel
& Gordon Byrn

THE PALEO DIET FOR ATHLETES
by Loren Cordain and Joe Friel

KILLING YOURSELF TO LIVE:
85% OF TRUE STORY

by Chuck Klosterman

WHAT I TALK ABOUT WHEN I TALK ABOUT RUNNING
by Haruki Murakami

HAVEN'T HAD CABLE SINCE THE MOVE SIX MONTHS AGO. NOW I HAVE THAT DIGITAL BOX THAT I GOT FREE WITH THE GOVERNMENT VOUCHER. I'M HOOKED ON THE FREE USN CHANNEL (NBC) THAT PLAYS OLD KONA SPECIALS FROM YEARS PAST!!!

THEN OF COURSE FOR THE HOURS I SPEND ON THE TRAINER...


MY O.G. IPOD SHUFFLE



2009
2/1/09 Surf City Run HALF MARATHON
2/8/09 Chinatown Firecracker Run 5k and 10k
2/14/09 Tour de Palm Springs 55 MILE RIDE
3/14/09 Pasadena Triathlon REVERSE POOL SPRINT
4/4/09 Oceanside 70.3 HALF IRONMAN
5/3/09 Cinco de Mayo Run for the Cure HALF MARATHON
8/1/09 Vineman Full FULL IRONMAN
11/1/09 New York Marathon MARATHON
2008
2/3/08 Surf City Run HALF MARATHON
2/9/08 Tour de Palm Springs CENTURY RIDE
2/10/08 Chinatown Firecracker Run 5k and 10k
3/08/08 Pasadena Triathlon REVERSE POOL SPRINT
4/19/08 Rage in the Sage HALF IRONMAN
5/25/08 IM Brasil FULL IRONMAN
140.6 BABY!!!
7/20/08 Strawberry Fields Triathlon OLYMPIC
2007
2/4/07 Pacific Shoreline HALF MARATHON
3/31/07 Oceanside 70.3 HALF IRONMAN
6/3/07 Danskin All Ladies Tri SPRINT
6/24/07 Breath of Life Tri OLYMPIC
7/12/07 Playa Del Run #2 AQUATHLON
7/22/07 Vineman 70.3 HALF IRONMAN
8/9/07 Playa Del Run #3 AQUATHLON
8/19/07 Hansen Dam Tri SPRINT
10/7/07 People Powered Ride METRIC CENTURY FUN RIDE
11/4/07 New York Marathon MARATHON

ALLEZ
BOLDER
DC RAINMAKER
DECAF PLEASE
DYING WATER BUFFALO
FE-Lady
GREYHOUND
IM ABLE
IRON DEAN
IRON JASON
IRON MOM JENNY
IRON POL
IRON WIL
KONA SHELLEY
Lance NotStrong
LITTLE MISS RUNNERS PANTS
LOCKED AND LOADED...
NEOPRENE WEDGIE
NEWBIE TRIATHLETE 2007
OBRATS
SPANDEX KING
SPOKANE AL
Steve in a Speedo?! Gross!!
TEA
TriFAThlete
TRI GEEK KAHUNA
triSARAtops


www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called danskin all ladies triathlon '07. Make your own badge here.








  

  





Wednesday, June 4, 2008

RACE REPORT
THE PROLOGUE

so the way i see it, i have until IM CDA to finish this race report. huh, that's only 18 days away. i better get crackin'. y'all know how my race reports can go!! the internet access in the Amazon was spotty, nor did i want to waste one second on the computer for fear of missing some bug, animal or storm sighting or a chance to speak Portuguese with someone. so here i am, back home in HELL-A, and still processing it all. i came back to everything i left: a dirty house, two filthy dogs, mounds of laundry and piles of mail. i haven't gotten out of my pj's since i got in them after washing away the last of the Amazon from my body two nights ago. it feels beyond lazy but beyond necessary to lounge around. i'm not really ready to talk to people yet either. maybe that's why i did this whole Ironman thang, so my occasional social retardation and self-imposed isolation could be confused with drive and focus for one single goal. i had everyone fooled real good, but what now?? alas tomorrow night is our LA Tri Club monthly first thursday social. 2 for 1 margaritas oughta bring me outta my daze!!! i came back to 300+ entries on the google reader, and i intend to catch up ON EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM. i'd fallen behind before i even left. that last peak/taper phase and finalizing my travel plans just put me over the edge. it got to the point where i just wouldn't answer my cell phone because i couldn't allow someone to eat even 15 minutes of my time. in fact, i doubt many of you IM CDA peeps will read this right away, and i totally understand. work got hectic in the end as well, and it's promising to pick up now that i'm back which is a good thing since i still have to pay off my whole trip!!! i don't know what to do with myself now that i have hours and hours free from workouts, however, i'm still committed to joining our last Iron Maiden Cindy in her final training weeks before IM Germany. gotta see my girl through!!! my next race, the Strawberry Fields Oly, isn't 'til a month from now. i'm going to follow the most unstructured plan for this one. train when i feel like it, although i suspect i'll feel like it a lot. ok, ok, i'm babbling. let's get on with this. for fear of overloading your computers, i'm gonna break this down into a few posts as i go. trust me, it'll be better for all of us. and again, i don't really care what your opinion is on the matter. it's my blog for me to remember how it all went down, so just hold on...

3 Comments:

Blogger Joy | Love | Chaos said...

Welcome home. Now, wash the pjs and GETS TO WRITING!

June 4, 2008 at 5:07 PM

 
Blogger Tea said...

Deep Breath....

Don't even bother reading mine, here's the good stuff: I AM TAPERING.

Now, cross that off your list.

June 4, 2008 at 5:41 PM

 
Blogger Rainmaker said...

300? Yikes, I feel overwhelmed when I close in on 100.

June 4, 2008 at 7:23 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home